Call for abstracts and summaries: STILL OPEN BUT WITH NEW DEALINE COMING SOON!
13th ICCE Global Coach Conference 2-6 June 2021 (postponed)
Every two years the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) brings together coaches, coach educators, researchers, sport scientists, technical directors and sport administrators to address issues in coaching, to learn about new coaching research, and to share experiences with the top coaching development experts in the world.
The next gathering in Lisbon, Portugal, will take place between the 2nd and 6th of June 2021 (postponed), and will see an important change of structure to the event. Rather than splitting the Research Fair and the Global Coach Conference, we will combine the two to provide the maximum bridge between coaching research and coaching practice.
The main areas of focus will continue to be on effective coaching practice, coach learning and development, coaching systems, and other coaching issues.
The Conference will cover five days with a mixture of research and applied practice presentations.
The research stream will feature in the early part of the Conference focusing on researcher and field development. Early career researchers are encouraged to submit abstracts, which if successful would be exposed to and discussed by the wider coaching community at the Conference. Researchers are also encouraged to submit multi- and inter-disciplinary abstracts, synthesis work and reviews, and field commentary, to progress their field and make it more useful.
The applied practice stream will be in the latter part of the Conference focusing on practitioner-practitioner and practitioner-researcher partnerships and sharing to enhance global coach networks and excellence. We would like coaching practitioners in different roles and working with different participants to share their experiences and good practice. Researchers are encouraged to submit abstracts to the applied stream but to focus on the applied message. There will also be many opportunities for practitioners and researchers to discuss and collaborate.
Given the current Covid 19 situation and travel restrictions around the world we are pleased to announce that the Conference will offer online opportunities to present, watch, and engage with, research and applied work. The Covid 19 situation presents no barriers for us coming together as a coaching community so please submit your abstracts by the due date. We look forward to hooking up with you.
Invitation to submit
Practitioners and researchers are invited to submit abstracts and summaries of good practice. Successful proposals will be electronically published in a supplementary issue of the International Sport Coaching Journal in May 2021 available online and distributed to delegates at the Conference.
Abstracts should be in English and include:
- a brief title
- contributor names and affiliations
- identify preference for a poster or oral presentation type
- identify whether presentation has a (1) research or (2) applied practice, focused
- identify presentation theme (1) coaching practice (2) coach education and development (3) coaching systems (4) other coaching issues
- a 250-word abstract/synopsis
- references (APA 7th edition format), if appropriate
- an 80-word biography of the presenting author
- The Conference Committee reserves the right to make the final decision on the presentation type e.g. poster/oral, research/applied practice stream, and aligned theme.
- To be considered for publication, the abstracts must be in English, 250 words maximum (excluding references) and follow APA 7th edition format. These abstracts for publication will not receive the same level of copy editing as typical articles in ISCJ, which means that authors need to understand that their submissions must be a final version.
All presentations will be 15 minutes with 5 minutes of questions (20 minutes in total). The language of the presentations will be English.
If there are problems getting to Portugal due to COVID 19, we are planning comprehensive online streaming options. PLEASE send in your abstracts! We look forward to reading them and putting together a fantastic programme for coaches, coaching support, and researchers.
Proposals should be submitted ONLINE ONLY through this FORM BELOW by November 30, 2020. Receipt of abstracts and summaries will be acknowledged. Authors will be notified by January 18, 2021 whether their abstracts have been accepted for the Conference.
More information will be available soon at www.icce2021.com